Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"School Time"

Good morning! Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful day!

I've got my house all decorated for fall and I'm beginning to get in the Christmas mood already... call me crazy, but we've been listening to Christmas music and the smell of the scented candles burning make me in the baking goodies mood...I have a lot of new recipes in the "to try" category, so I just might start some early baking :) Pumpkin pie sounds really good too...who says you have to wait till Thanksgiving, right?!?!

Prince is finally in the phase where he can sit down for a while and color, so we have "school time" in the mornings, we don't do it every morning, but a couple of times a week. It's so fun to watch him learning new skills! He can actually "color" now.... when I say color, I mean scribble, but I'm happy that he's learning.
Right now we're working on basic colors and numbers...He has the 1, 2, 3 down, but we're still working on new numbers. His favorite number is three. He will repeat it over and over again! It's so much fun to watch him learn! I'm so thankful that I am blessed to be a stay at home mommy! It's such a gift to be able to spend so much time together with him and teach him new things! I pray that I will never take this privilege for granted! I know many mothers who would love to have this privilege that I have!

Yes, it is tiring at times, and yes, I am human and get stressed out and yes, we could definitely use some more money, but I wouldn't change my job for anything else in the world! No money in the world could be more important that the time I spend with my child! I thank the Lord over and over again for His provision for our family! I am thankful for my hard-working hubby and how hard he works so that I can stay at home and take care of our son! There's nothing better than being a mommy ;)

5 comments:

LeAnna said...

All of your fall decor looks amaing! And I agree with that last paragraph. It's all worth it.

Unknown said...

Thank-you, LeAnna! I've been praying for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

ITS FUN WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE..WHAT CUTE WITH THAT HAT..FRIEND HAVE A QUESTION I HAVE BEING SEARCHING A PROGRAM SO I CAN BUILD MY BLOG THE HEADER WITH MY FAMILY PICTURES..HOW DO YOU DO THAT IF I MAY NOW THE PROGRAM YOU USE??? THANKS IF YOU HELP ME...HOPE THE FRIENDSHIPE ENDURES..GOD BLESS YOU LOVES FROM HOLLAND...

Unknown said...

Soraya, Thanks so much! I use Picasa..you can download it for free. It's a simple and easy program to use. I use the collage setting on it to make my headers.
Here's the link to Picasa, where you can download it: http://picasa.google.com/

Angel said...

What a pretty fall set up, and an adorable little guy!

No way do you need to wait for thanksgiving for Pumpkin pie? Or there is pumpkin cake, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin bread... We LOVE pumpkin here! We often make a pumpkin pie filling (with a little less sugar) and bake that for breakfast at our house!