Thursday, September 16, 2010

Waiting for rain...


We haven't had a decent rain for months now...everything is so dry and thirsty for rain! The temperature has been very hot but thankfully, it's been cooling off in the evenings and makes it easier to get some rest! We are all praying for rain! As we went out to the chacara ( the piece of land that my parents own and plan on building a house on) today, I enjoyed looking at the scenery and imagining just how beautiful it will look when it is all green again!
 As you will see in the picture down below, mango season has officially started...some trees are already loaded with fruit...I will post some of the fruit later, and others are just starting to have flowers now. On my walk at the chacara today, I saw these mango flowers, aren't they beautiful? They had some huge clusters of flowers, too bad they give me allergies or I would pick some to decorate my table :( We don't know when the rain will come, but it will sure be a happy day! I can hardly wait for everything to grow green again...I love the green, it's so vibrant and so full of life, but until it doesn't rain, I guess I'll just have to stick to this scenery :)

Wishing you a wonderful week!

       Jessica

No comments: