Thursday, February 10, 2011

I love rainy season

I really love rainy season. It's my very favorite season here in Brazil. It rains every day...and everything looks so beautiful and green...so fresh and alive!

Some people complain about not getting their clothes dry...I don't really mind that...I usually wash our clothes and hang them under a porch and they eventually get dry...I just love the rain and the cool weather it brings. It is just my favorite time of the year. It started raining in the beginning of December and it usually lasts until the end of March, the beginning of April at the most, so I am enjoying this beautiful time of the year! It's so nice to cuddle with the lil' prince, or to do some baking.  It's so much nicer than the dry season, where everything is so dry and so hot!

I love going for walks after the rain...the sky looks so beautiful, and the greenery looks so vibrant...God's creation is so beautiful! Check out this gorgeous sky below!!! Isn't is just lovely?!?!

Yesterday when we were coming back home from spending the day out where we're building our house, we saw this beautiful rainbow right close to the mountains. I thought it was so beautiful! I could sit for hours looking at the sky and feeling the soft breeze blowing around me. It's mesmerizing. I love it!

And the beautiful green...no wonder green is one of my favorite colors. I love looking at all the different hues of green around. It's beautiful! You can see some of the gorgeous green in the picture below. I love the grass and the trees in the background of this picture. It makes me want to lay on the grass and look at the sky. I don't think there's anything more relaxing!
So, why worry about getting clothes dry?!?! I am going to enjoy the rainy season until it lasts...the clothes, they will wait :) I only have a couple more weeks to enjoy this and I am determined to enjoy it to the fullest!

The rain is falling outside as I write this post, and yes, I do have laundry to do, but I  just think I will put something in the oven and cuddle with my lil' prince for a while...maybe read him a book for a while.... because I love rainy season, 
because it reminds me of joy...
and it bring me much joy too!


Call me crazy if you want to...I just love rain!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Mmm, that rainbow is BEAUTIFUL! And the green grass, how I miss it. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Unknown said...

Thank-you, LeAnna! I love it here!