Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Slowing Down

Whew! What a crazy, crazy, crazy week...I'm glad things are finally slowing down and returning to "normal"...whatever that is!

We finished our VBS on Friday! It went great! We had 95 kids on the last day and 10 kids were saved. We're so thankful for the wonderful time we had. After we finished VBS, we cleaned the church and then had a farewell party to Daniel Bishop, who left on Saturday morning to return to the US.

During the farewell party, we received a saddening phone call that my 22 year old cousin had been killed in a motorcycle accident. We rushed to be with my uncle and family...what a painful, painful time for all of us. The family is devastated with the loss of my dear cousin. It's so hard to believe he's gone. He was my closest cousin and it's just been so hard.

What's even worse....we don't know whether he was saved or not...

Nothing can hurt worse than this...not knowing.

How I wish I could have asked him is he was sure of his salvation!!! The whole family who's saved has been so burdened and devastated...trying to take comfort in something...



If the Lord brings the Duarte family to your mind, please pray for them. We're going out to be with my uncle and his family today...please keep Leonardo & Anaide, my cousin's parents in prayer, and his sibling, Naomi and Luiz as they are grieving the loss of their dear son.

These last few days has left me engrossed in so many thoughts....

to enjoy every minute with loved ones...because we never know when we'll see them again...

To witness and pray for the salvation of our unsaved loved ones... before it's too late!

Do you have unsaved loved one?!?! Are you witnessing and praying for them??? I sure hope so... do it before it's too late...

With a burdened heart,

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Prayers for you and your family. My heart is burdened for lost loved ones who REFUSE to acknowledge Jesus. I continue to pray for their Salvation, asking the Lord to love them through me.