Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Craft

I was recently "introduced" to pinterest... (the culprit who introduced me shall remain name-less :)
...and I have to admit that now that I have gotten the "hang" of it, I really enjoy all the ideas there, and have a ton of projects that I'm hoping to do for my new house!

I saw this one, and just fell in love with it. I loved the fact it was super easy to make, and didn't take a long time, it also uses simple things that I can get here, so I was very excited about making this.
Now, I'm not very good at craft and arts, and this was my first try at this, so please bear with me. (This is coming from the girl who flunked art class in high school...no kidding!)

So here's my "piece of art":
Almost finished...


The finished project sitting on my dresser..


I was very pleased with the outcome..although it was a pain to find buttons here and I paid half a fortune for them :( It also was a spur-of-the-moment thing, I hope to make another one with the prince's initial, but I will plan ahead and go into town to get the stuff I need for it. It will be much cheaper, and I will have a lot more options to pick from.

Here's what it looks like on our dresser, I still want to have it hung up, but I have to wait for the hubby to get his drill out :)

So if you're in a mood to do something easy-crafty, this is super fun and super easy....and you can get it done while the kiddos are down for a nap ...I should have done that, I had "help" from a toddler, and it was interesting :)
Have a Blessed day,

6 comments:

LeAnna said...

I love it! I've seen that one on there, and have wanted to make one for Sprig's room. Soooo adorable!

raising4princesses said...

good job. I love it. I'm having a link up on Tuesdays and You can link up this project if you like. Maria

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies!

Maria, I will watch for the link party and link on Tuesday :) Thanks for the invite!

Ellen said...

Looks good! I love Pinterest, but it is so addicting.

Unknown said...

Thank-you, Mrs.Lockhart, I agree, I have to watch the amount of time I spend on there, just like everything else on the internet :)

Angel said...

beautiful!